Urgent eyecare (CUES)
CUES (COVID URGENT EYECARE SERVICES) IS A COMPLETELY FREE SERVICE OFFERED TO ALL PATIENTS REGISTERED WITH A G.P.
Mr Ryatt is an accredited CUES practitioner (we are accredited to deal with emergency eye problems).
The service was created for patients with the following symptoms:
● Red eye or eyelids
● Dry eye, or gritty and uncomfortable eyes
● Irritation and inflammation of the eye
● Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
● Recently occurring flashes or floaters
● Ingrowing eyelashes
● Recent and sudden loss of vision
● Foreign body in the eye
The CUES scheme has been created to offer a diagnosis and treatment for patients experiencing ocular problems WITHOUT the need for a G.P. referral/appointment.
Major eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma that are being regularly monitored by an optometrist or eye hospital will not be covered by this service.
Initially this service is carried out via a telephone consultation followed by a face to face appointment if required.
Please note, this is NOT a sight test.